Friday, April 8, 2011

People I Have Asked: The Carabiniere Who Looked Like My Cousin

Another photo for which I have great affection!


We were standing in front of the Duomo cathedral, watching the portion of the Festa di San Giovanni parade that traipsed into the Baptistery.  I took lots of photos of the various costumes and faces, like this lineup of young drummers in red and white.  





And then I figured I'd get Mr. Hunter in on the action.  This policeman (carabiniere) stood there with his arms crossed as I took this picture.  He looked a little puzzled about what I was doing, a little stern.


My path was clear.  I held out Mr. H to the carabiniere and gestured to ask, "Can I take your photo?"  Obviously, he said yes.  
Although, come to think of it, he didn't really say anything. 
 But he did hold Mr. Hunter and pose for me.  Yes!

The bonus in all this was that the policeman reminded me somehow of one of my cousins.

Piazza del Duomo
Florence, Italy
June 24, 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment