Thursday, February 10, 2011

Go Giants!

Mr. Hunter and I could not pass up an opportunity to pose with the World Series trophy, currently in the proud possession of the San Francisco Giants!


 Back in November, Mr. Hunter was pleased to see San Francisco City Hall lit up orange in honor of the Giants winning the World Series.  This was the day after the victory parade had packed the streets.

Hmm, I seem to be wearing the same pink jacket in this Giants-themed photo with Mr. Hunter.

I feel compelled to include the World Series trophy photos of a couple other Giants fans I know...



Brian clenched his fist in triumph...

...while Krumbs played it cool.




As it happens, both of my grandfathers played baseball in college.
  
My grandfather is second from left in the second row.

 My other grandfather -- he's the character on the right -- 
bat 400 in his junior year in college.
He had a tryout with the Chicago Cubs (ahem!), but an ankle injury had slowed him down, so he didn't make the cut.

But enough about other teams...
Go Giants!

No comments:

Post a Comment